Saturday 26 May 2012

Writers Conference: Church

I am fairly certain that Destiny and I were the only guests of the conference that were members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  {Also known as LDS or Mormon.}  Perhaps not, as there were several women and a few men who were so similar to us in dress and language.  Who knows.  One of the biggest 'tips' that perhaps we were different, however was the small fact we weren't drinking any coffee or alcohol.  I had one sweet lady figure it out and as me if I was Mormon.  I smiled and was happy to reply yes to her question.

I watched this little video, and if you have time, you can watch it too, but it lifted my spirits and made me even more grateful for the opportunities I have to share my faith and to understand that while perhaps I might feel as if I "Stand Alone" I am never alone. I certainly didn't feel alone while at the conference, especially with Destiny there, but I would have a time or two without her.

My faith in God and my religion are a large part of my life, and so I quickly took notice of the temples and churches in the Phoenix area.

There is such a wonderful and reassuring feeling that comes when you can attend a church hundred,s and even thousands, of miles away from home and hear the same steady messages. 

As a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, I highly value the teachings, principles and ordinances available to me because of my Savior Jesus Christ.

I love knowing where I came from, why I am here, and what my purpose in life is. It's the greatest gift to know my potential as a Daughter of God.

Anyway, Destiny and I had just enough time to attend church on Sunday and partake of the sacrament.  We wished we could have stayed all three hours, but our flight to Las Vegas didn't allot for that.

As we left, I snapped photos of the landscape, the buildings and stores, of the church we attended and the temples.


 {Small side note.... clearly those are Palm Trees, but for me, they are a sign of Paradise, and McAllister is a family name! and I laughed as I saw the corner of Stetson and Drinkwater.... Kyle and I have a friend named Stetson, so it was pretty silly, but funny to me.}

{The Temple in Mesa}


This the the Gilbert Arizona Temple and the Angel Moroni statue was just installed May 15, 2012. While we were mad dashing back to the airport on the Santan Freeway, we breezed past this beauty, and I snapped a shot of it.  I don't know if I'll ever see it again, but I sure hope so!



"We continue to build temples. We desire that as many members as possible have an opportunity to attend the temple without having to travel inordinate distances."
—President Thomas S. Monson





No comments: