Tuesday 18 December 2012

35 years



It's my birthday. 



I want to remember that I hugged my kids several times.  And everyone of them said "happy birthday"except for Brooklyn.  She just wouldn't say it.  She said she would "when the kids get home from school".  Silly three year olds.

But then while we were going to lunch with Kyle, she just blurted it out.  We all laughed.

I want to remember that Jocelyn and her little bff Paige drew me pictures that said "happy birthday" and had art work all over them for me.

And I want to remember that Catelyn and Landon hugged me and are trying to be secretly helpful and surprise me...with cleaning and such.

Kyle and I are going to the Melaleuca Christmas party with our friends the Parkers this evening and Blaine is going to watch the kids.

I want to remember I had over 46 birthday wishes on my facebook wall and it's only 3pm.  I want to remember that I do have friends who care about me, and have texted or called and not just said happy birthday on my 'wall', but who have taken extra time to do a little more for me.

And I want to remember that while it's my birthday  and I have chocolate to eat, I have to still be "Mom" and  need to stop a small fight between the little girls.....

Jocelyn: You're not going to die!
Brooklyn: I want mommy!!!  Mom! Jo Jo is being mean!!!!

No comments: